Current available positions are located in Quakertown and Dublin.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Models Q2 Service and Sales programs with creativity and energy such that goals are achieved and quality standards are met or exceeded. Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
- Builds customer relationships by being accountable for representing QNB to the customer in a courteous, confidential, and professional manner, and for providing prompt efficient and accurate service in processing transactions through consultative selling and cross-selling in a positive manner.
- Cross-sells deposit and loan products and refers customers to appropriate person or department.
- Performs paying and receiving teller functions accurately and balances cash drawer at the end of the day.
- Must be proficient in all aspects of the role of Financial Service Representative.
- Able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions.
- Must have strong QNB product knowledge and actively champion QNB Service and Sales, referral and product campaigns.
- Completes assigned compliance training in a timely manner and demonstrates ability to apply training to their duties and responsibilities.
- Assumes additional job-related duties as requested including the ability to work at any branch location.
REQUIRED TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time – all day if necessary.
- Successful experience working with customers and co-workers.
- Must complete basic FSR training and new accounts training within the first 6 months of employment.
- Must complete FSR certification requirement within 18 months of hire.
- Ability to lift and maneuver 25-50 pound coin bags.
- Communication skills that model QNB’s sales efforts; including the ability to identify and fulfill customers' current and future needs.
- Requires basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills. Completion of high school, vocational training or equivalent.
- Fulfill QNB compliance in operations and security by adhering to government regulations, QNB policy, and established procedures.
- Must successfully complete Banking Fundamentals within the first 18 months of employment (grade of C or higher).
- Must fulfill re-certification requirements for FSR annually.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Operate an on-line teller terminal and other standard office equipment, including an adding machine and possess keyboarding skills and have a comfort with standard computer skills (i.e. Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Previous or current bank experience desired, but not required.
**All resumes must be in Word or PDF format only**
Applications are available at our Towne Bank Center, 320 W Broad St., Quakertown, PA
Or send resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 9005
Quakertown PA 18951-9005