Coronavirus Update – 4/3/20
Paycheck Protection Program
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and Treasury are working to implement the Paycheck Protection Program which is designed to assist small businesses and their employees during this crisis. On the evening of April 2, 2020, the SBA released its interim final rule, which finalized the terms of the Paycheck Protection Program loans.
QNB Bank, like other financial institutions, is reviewing the additional guidance and awaiting final guidelines as well as access to the SBA loan submission systems. Until we receive this, we are unable to proceed with the submitting applications to the SBA. We will update this website as soon as we are able to begin the application process.
Once final guidance and SBA system access is provided to us, QNB Bank is ready to process applications from current customers who have banked with us prior to 3/15/20.
Thank you for your patience.
Coronavirus Update - 3/30/20: U.S. Chamber Creates Coronavirus Loan Guide to Help Small Businesses
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has created a guide to help small businesses, independent contractors, and gig economy workers prepare to file for a coronavirus relief loan under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act:
Coronavirus Update – 3/20/20: QNB Bank offices will begin drive-in only service beginning Monday, March 23
With the escalation of the COVID-19 crisis, most QNB office lobbies will be closed until further notice. Drive-ins will operate under normal hours, with the exception of our Country Square Office Drive-In which will extend its hours of operation to Monday – Friday 8:30am – 7pm, Saturdays 8:30am – 4pm and Sundays 10am – 4pm. ATMs and Night Drops will remain available 24/7.
Banking by Appointment
Because your banking is an essential service, if you need to access your safe deposit box or conduct any other in-person transaction you can arrange an appointment to meet with us by calling our Customer Service Center at 800-491-9070 or 215-538-5605.
Offices Without Drive-Ins
Three of QNB’s twelve offices do not offer drive-in service. Our Quakertown Commons Office in the GIANT Food Store will be closed. Our Allentown and Warminster Offices will be available for restricted access (one customer at a time) during normal business hours.
QNB is Here to Help
Now more than ever, we want you to know that your bankers at QNB are here for you during this unprecedented crisis brought on by the Coronavirus. We realize that the closure of schools, businesses and many other services are having a dramatic impact on everyone’s daily lives. QNB is committed to helping its customers get through these tough times.
If you are experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic we want to assure you that we have solutions to help you through this difficult period. Call our Customer Service Center at 800-491-9070 or 215-538-5605 to discuss options for payment relief or credit access. Our Customer Service Center hours are Monday – Friday 8:00am – 7:00pm and Saturday 8:30am – 4:00pm.
QNB remains committed to meeting all your financial needs. If you need help today, tomorrow or anytime in the future please know that we are here to help.
Coronavirus Update - 3/18/20
QNB Bank is committed to continue providing you access to your money and essential banking services. As the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis continues to unfold, we are closely monitoring the constantly evolving situation. The safety of our customers, employees and communities we serve is our number one commitment. With that in mind, we’d like to highlight a few things we can all do to remain safe while still satisfying our essential banking needs:
- As of Wednesday, March 18th, all QNB Bank offices remain open and operating under our normal banking hours. We do not anticipate closing any offices or altering normal banking hours at this time. Social distancing practices are strongly encouraged when visiting any QNB office.
- Until further notice please refrain from any handshakes at any time. A big part of QNB’s culture is personal relationships and a personal handshake; however, until the COVID-19 crisis passes we will not be practicing this important tradition.
- Use of digital banking to avoid in-person contact is encouraged whenever possible. QNB offers a wide array of digital banking solutions including: QNB-Online, QNB-Mobile, QNB-Text, QNB-Voice and online retail loan applications for your everyday banking needs. Our customer service representatives are available to help you activate (or help you use) your digital banking services, by calling: 800-491-9070 or 215-538-5605.
- Call ahead to provide information. If you need to open a new account, make changes to your account or close an account, you can save time spent at a branch by calling ahead and providing the necessary information/documentation to complete your transaction. Please call our Customer Service Center at 800-491-9070 or 215-538-5605.
At QNB, we remain ready to meet your everyday banking needs. Please call 800-491-9070 or 215-538-5605 with any banking questions or if you need assistance with specific banking activities.
Small Business Administration's (SBA) Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
Click here for: SBA's Coronavirus Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources
Coronavirus Update - 3/16/20
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis continues to unfold, we want to remind you about a few important things:
- As of Monday, March 16th, all QNB Bank offices remain open and operating under our normal banking hours. We do not anticipate closing any offices or altering normal banking hours at this time.
- If you are not feeling well or you know you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 do not visit a branch lobby or drive-in. You’re encouraged to use any of our digital banking services including: QNB-Online, QNB-Mobile, QNB-Voice and QNB-Text for your everyday banking needs. Our customer service representatives are available to help you activate (or help you use) your digital banking services, by calling: 800-491-9070 or 215-538-5605.
At QNB, the welfare of our employees, customers and community is of the utmost importance to us. Please call 800-491-9070 or 215-538-5605 with any banking questions or if you need assistance with specific banking activities.
Coronavirus Update – 3/13/20
At QNB Bank, the welfare of our employees, customers and community is of the utmost importance to us. As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues its global spread, we feel it is critical to let you know about the proactive steps QNB is taking to keep employees and customers safe and share information with you to help you protect yourself.
- All QNB offices are being cleaned on an increased schedule and employees have been provided extra disinfectant cleaning supplies.
- Employees have been provided with information on how to stay healthy and how to avoid illness through proper hygiene practices. Employees are instructed to stay home when they are not feeling well.
- Our executive team and department managers meet frequently to review and monitor updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the PA Department of Health. At this time, we do not anticipate any changes to our daily banking activities.
For customers, we recommend the following:
- We encourage you to use QNB-Online banking and QNB-Mobile banking options for your everyday banking needs. Our customer service representatives are available to help you activate (or help you use) your digital banking services, by calling: 800-491-9070 or 215-538-5605.
- If you are not feeling well, we encourage you to avoid unnecessary trips to the bank. If you need assistance with a banking issue, please call our Customer Service Center at 800-491-9070 or 215-538-5605.
- Please make sure your mobile phone number, email address and mobile banking alerts are up to date for all of your accounts. This will also help if we need to contact you quickly about your account.
- As you conduct transactions at ATMs, at payment terminals (using your payment cards) or when using cash, it is recommended that you should avoid touching your face (eyes/nose/mouth) after completing a transaction and wash your hands or use hand sanitizer as you would after being in any public space. Sanitize your payment cards and mobile phone regularly.
- Beware of scams and criminals using fear, intimidation, trickery, urgency or disinformation related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) to attempt to steal your sensitive, personal or account information, or even encourage dealing strictly in cash. Watch out for strange calls, emails, texts or websites that look like they are coming from legitimate businesses or government agencies asking for information like your Social Security number, usernames and passwords (login information), account numbers, credit or debit card numbers, PINs, etc. QNB will never request such information through email, text, or outbound calls. Always check your account statements for official websites and customer service numbers and call those numbers directly rather than giving out information over the phone, email, or text.
Coronavirus scam links:
- Coronavirus: Scammers follow the headlines – Federal Trade Commission
- Defending Against COVID-19 Cyber Scams – Dept. of Homeland Security
QNB consults the CDC website and the PA Department of Health websites (links below) for information regarding the latest updates:
Please call 215-538-5605 with any banking questions or if you need assistance with specific banking activities.