At the heart of QNB Bank is Community.
We are proud of our 146-year legacy of working to make today and tomorrow better for the communities in which we serve, work, and live. Community support and involvement is something we love to do and something we do well because of the strong relationships we have with our local neighbors, schools, municipalities, businesses, and non-profit organizations. We find giving is one of the best ways for us to invest and strengthen the community upon which our shared success depends.
QNB Bank is committed to continually enhancing our community’s economic vitality and social welfare through corporate and community sponsorship, charitable contributions, and donations.
QNB’s Community Support Policy and Guidelines for 2023
QNB Bank is committed to continually enhancing our communities' economic vitality and social welfare through corporate sponsorship and charitable donations. We recognize the power of volunteerism, contributing financial resources, and collaborating with local businesses and nonprofits to help make our communities better places to live and work.
QNB looks to support philanthropic endeavors or community and civic groups that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Education and youth programs
- Safety, health /wellness, and human services
- Community civic events and needs
- Economic development activities
- Conservation and environmental programs
- Arts, culture, and humanities
Community Support is coordinated through the QNB Marketing Department. Marketing provides central record-keeping for support requests.
All external requests for support must be documented using the Request for Support form. A current W-9 form must be on file with QNB for all requests. If needed, a blank W-9 may be found at irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf (note - clicking this link will take you to a website outside of QNB Bank). It is vital that all fields of the W-9 form are completed.
Completed Request for Support forms should be emailed to Marketing@QNBbank.com or the organization’s QNB contact. If email is unavailable, they may be dropped off at any QNB Branch or mailed to the Bank at PO Box 9005, Quakertown, PA 18951, attention Marketing.
The following factors are considered in a decision to provide support:
- The organization and/or event’s location in relation to QNB Bank’s market area as shown on the map below
- The organization and/or event’s benefit to the community and its residents
- The organization’s stability
- The total amount of contributions, both monetary and non-monetary, given to the same organization within the year
- The organization or individual’s relationship with the Bank
We Do Not Support
- Candidates for public office, organizations, and programs designed to influence legislation or deemed to be politically sensitive organizations
- Organizations or events that benefit only one individual
- Endowment funds
- Requests from religious organizations for sectarian purposes; however, community program(s) sponsored by a religious organization will be considered (e.g., education, youth, food pantry, community camp, and/or community-related projects)
- Programs that are prohibitively restrictive and/or discriminate based on religion, age, color, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status
- Sponsorships of events/activities that have already occurred
All decisions regarding support are entirely at the discretion of QNB Bank.
QNB Bank Market Area
Time Well Spent – Volunteer Hours & Employee Giving
Not only are funds needed to support our communities, QNB employees also give their time and talents by volunteering at countless community organizations and events. Whether we are manning a booth at a local street fair, walking in a parade, volunteering at Chamber or charity event, coaching a team, or hosting an event that benefits our neighbors, you can count on QNB employees to be there lending a hand to our communities.
Education & Awareness
Our Employees help run classes and workshops to educate people on financial stability as well as financial security, first-time home buying, and advice when starting a business. We also provide financial education tools such as Banzai Financial Education and KOFE Financial Education. We believe it is our responsibility to provide our community and neighbors with resources to help them achieve their financial goals.
Employee Financial Giving
Casual for a Cause Program
Through QNB’s Casual for a Cause program, employees are given the opportunity to donate money to wear jeans at work. The money collected goes toward contributions to charities selected by an employee committee and is also matched by QNB at $.25 per employee dollar.
United Way Campaign
In late 2022, QNB Bank held its annual campaign to raise funds for United Way. Led by Lisa Renae, Executive Assistant of QNB Bank, this year’s campaign was very successful, tallying up $14,559 from employees and an additional 25% match, $3,639, from the Bank for a total contribution of $18,198.