HSA Benefits

A Health Savings Account (HSA) is designed for people with High Deductible Health Plans. An HSA is like an IRA or a 401(k) for medical expenses. It’s a complement to traditional health insurance, enabling you to pay for current health expenses and save for future medical expenses on a tax-free basis. If you change jobs or move to another city or state, your HSA can move with you. Unlike a flex plan with its “use it or lose it” rule, your HSA money rolls over from one year to the next. Best of all, you own and control the money in your HSA. All decisions on how to spend and/or invest the money in your account are made by you. Stop by any QNB branch to open your Health Savings Account.

Click the link below to review detailed info on HSAs:

Health Savings Accounts



  • Tax Savings: Payroll deductions are made pre-tax, additional contributions may be deductible, and interest and earnings are tax free as long as they remain in the HSA
  • Insurance Savings: An HDHP can offer significant savings over a typical health plan.
  • Ownership and Portability: You own the HSA. If you change jobs or health plans, the funds in your HSA are yours to keep.
  • Retirement Benefits: After retirement an HSA is treated like a traditional IRA and funds can be used as income without penalty.


  • $20 initial account set-up fee
  • No minimum balance requirement; no monthly or per transaction fees
  • Tiered interest rate structure with tiers at:
    • $0.01 - $4,999.99
    • $5,000 +
    • Interest accrues daily and posts monthly
  • Receives a monthly statement (can be eStatement)
  • QNB Health Savings Debit Card
  • QNB-Online with Bill Pay service
  • Checks are available for purchase

This information is not intended as legal or tax advice; therefore, any tax information provided is not intended to be used, or relied upon, by any taxpayer for the purpose of filing taxes or avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer. The tax information was written here to support the promotion and marketing of the matter(s) addressed. You should seek advice from an independent legal or tax advisor based on your particular circumstances.